Enchilada Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and seasonings; set aside.
- 2. Place a rounded teaspoonful of refried beans in each pasta shell, then fill with turkey mixture. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (3 stuffed shells) equals 379 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.