Enchilada Stack Recipe
"I tried this fast flavorful casserole when I bought my first microwave 15 years ago," recalls Doreen Adams of Sacramento, California. "With a tossed salad and French bread, it's a hearty meal my family has enjoyed often."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the beef, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes, stirring once.
- 2. In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. round dish, layer one tortilla, 1/2 cup meat sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers three times. Heat, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 501 calories, 31 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 998 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Enchilada Stack
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC