"I tried this fast flavorful casserole when I bought my first microwave 15 years ago," recalls Doreen Adams of Sacramento, California. "With a tossed salad and French bread, it's a hearty meal my family has enjoyed often."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the beef, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes, stirring once.
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. round dish, layer one tortilla, 1/2 cup meat sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers three times. Heat, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Stack in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p51
Reviews for Enchilada Stack
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2011
"I have made this recipe multiple times. It is quick, easy and always tastes great. The only change I made was using more tortillas."