Enchilada Pancakes Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups cornmeal
- 4 cups milk
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1. In a saucepan, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt. Bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, flour and cornmeal. Pour bater by 1/2 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; spread to 6-in. diameter. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, fry eggs until center is completely set. Place two eggs on two pancakes. Top with meat mixture, cheese and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 515 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 257mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Enchilada Pancakes
"Good recipe but very tedious to make. Need to insure you have the time do it or have plenty of help around"