- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups cornmeal
- 4 cups milk
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- In a saucepan, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt. Bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, flour and cornmeal. Pour bater by 1/2 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; spread to 6-in. diameter. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, fry eggs until center is completely set. Place two eggs on two pancakes. Top with meat mixture, cheese and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Pancakes in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p297
Reviews for Enchilada Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2011
"Good recipe but very tedious to make. Need to insure you have the time do it or have plenty of help around"
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2007