I've had this recipe so long that I don't remember who gave it to me. Before I retired, these tasty little treats were popular during snack time at work. They're a good way to use up leftover corn bread.—Mearl Harris, West Plains, Missouri
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and
- salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until meat is no longer
- pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and remaining
- enchilada sauce. Drain meatballs; place in a serving dish. Top with
- sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: about
- 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.