Enchilada Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and remaining enchilada sauce. Drain meatballs; place in a serving dish. Top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Enchilada Meatballs
"Very tasty, a different twist on your standard meatballs. Great for a Mexican themed party!"
"Meatballs were tasty, but the sauce needs more flavor-- if that were improved it would be much better."
"YUMMY these were a delicious hit!! I added another can of enchilada sauce and a chopped onion to the sauce. Versatile and tasty meatball, recipe was requested by all :)"
"Made this for my sister's bridal shower and it was a hit! Making for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing it."
"Great crowd pleaser with this recipe!"
"I live in NM and make my own red chile sauce and keep some in the freezer. So I used my own instead of the canned sauce. That's the only change I made. Next best thing to enchiladas themselves!"
"These were delicious served with a side of spanish rice. Extra sauce gave extra flavor."
"Very easy! I made these for a Mexican potluck @ work. They were a big hit! Since I had extra cornbread, I made them the next day for my husband to eat while watching football. He loved them too."
"I always get compliments when I serve these."
"I've made these a number of times for different events. There are never any leftovers!"
"my family loves these!!easy and yummy!!!"
"I made these at Christmas! They were a big hit."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.