Enchilada Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and remaining enchilada sauce. Drain meatballs; place in a serving dish. Top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Enchilada Meatballs
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.