Enchilada Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat tomato sauce and remaining enchilada sauce. Drain meatballs; place in a serving dish. Top with sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Enchilada Meatballs
Sort By :
YUMMY these were a delicious hit!! I added another can of enchilada sauce and a chopped onion to the sauce. Versatile and tasty meatball, recipe was requested by all :)
Made this for my sister's bridal shower and it was a hit! Making for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing it.
Great crowd pleaser with this recipe!
I live in NM and make my own red chile sauce and keep some in the freezer. So I used my own instead of the canned sauce. That's the only change I made. Next best thing to enchiladas themselves!