I adapted this recipe from one I got from a television program. The refried beans were a last-minute inspiration when company was coming and I didn't have enough ground beef thawed out! They add extra goodness to this hearty cheesy dish.—Diane McCann, Sterling, Colorado
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in tomato soup, picante sauce or salsa and refried beans. Heat thoroughly.
- Arrange five tortillas in a 12-in. x 8-in. x 2-in. baking dish, tearing tortillas as needed to cover the bottom. Layer with half of the meat mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers using remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Enchilada Lasagna in Country Ground Beef 1993, p89
Reviews for Enchilada Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review