Enchilada Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, ham, beans and green chilies. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, fry eggs in butter as desired. Serve with casserole. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 347 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 1080mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Enchilada Hash Brown Casserole
"I used a dozen of fresh green chilis hot and layered them in. I also used 1 cup of Spanish rice and layered it in but do not top with rice or else it will get to hard. You can use corn tortillas instead of the flour. Make sure to brown the flour tortillas to help them from getting too soggy."
"las palmas ench sauce is the only kind to use unless you make you own. this was very easy and just as good"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.