Enchilada Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces Galbani® String Cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Cut string cheese in half lengthwise; place around edge of pan. Fold excess dough over string cheese; pinch to seal. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken, green chilies and taco seasoning; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Spread enchilada sauce over crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and chicken mixture; top with Mexican cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 519 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,309 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.