- 1 pound ground turkey or beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and salsa; set aside.
- Place two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with one-third of the meat mixture; top with 1 cup corn; sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casserole
Sort By :
My boyfriend thought that the tortillas were a little soggy but he had never had an enchilada casserole before. We both thought that it tasted wonderful.
Excellent! I have made enchiladas for years. This is so much easier and just as good!
I added more meat, and used a 9x9 pan, so my casserole was thick and full. This was easy to prepare. My husband enjoyed it very much., I would think it would be very flat or very sparse if you made it as written.
I didn't have enough meat so I just made two layers, using less than the 16 oz of cheese, and it tasted just as good. To make it slightly healthier, I used reduced fat cheese and 93% lean beef and my boyfriend who is not about healthy eating never noticed my revisions and he asked me to make it again!
Having this for dinner tonight.... Am excited.. My mouth is watering, and my husband Greg is helping me...
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >