- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and salsa; set aside.
- Place two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with one-third of the meat mixture; top with 1 cup corn; sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casserole
"Great casserole! My kids requested enchiladas but these were a time saving alternative. Everyone liked them!"
"Great recipe for a quick and easy weeknight meal! I love the flexibility of this casserole, as you can add or subtract ingredients based on your family's tastes. I added green chiles and black beans to mine."
"This tasted great the first time I ate it. It doesn't reheat well at all, unless you like soggy tortillas. As long as you don't care about leftovers recipe taste great."
"Great starter recipe. I made it a second time and added taco seasoning, diced chilies and a can of Ro-tel along with the enchilada sauce to the beef mixture and let it simmer. When I put it together, I added a can of drained and rinsed black beans and Mexican corn over the beef mixture. Made a great recipe even better. This recipe is so versatile and can be easily altered to individual tastes and preferences."
"Easy to make and tastes great. The only change I made was the addition of green chiles to the meat mixture. I think this recipe can be flexible, so next time I may add some refried beans. Thanks for such a good recipe."
"Very easy & simple recipe to assemble. I used ground chicken instead of beef & substituted corn tortillas for the tortillas. Just as good the second time around!"
"This was delicious! I substituted black beans for the corn, added a small can of diced green chilies, and added a little extra salsa! Yum!!"
"This was a good casserole. One of the best taco casseroles I have had. Easy to make. Although I did not add salsa this time I may try it next time. When warming up leftovers it was just as good as the first time. Thanks!"
"My husband and I loved this recipe! I added a can of refried beans and a green pepper to it for some fiber and a green veggie. My husband said he thinks it could use more spice to it, so I will probably add a can of green chilies to it next time. It was easy to make and that's a big plus. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"Yummy! The taste was great. To boost up the nutritional factor, I added in a green bell pepper and a can of black beans. This was a great and easy dinner!"