- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and salsa; set aside.
- Place two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with one-third of the meat mixture; top with 1 cup corn; sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casserole
Sort By :
"Also to top it with corn meal mixed with water -so good!"
"This is a fantastic recipe. I made it for my parents and we all absolutely loved it. I did add a few things though. I diced up a green bell pepper and added jalapenos. I will definitely be making this again!!!"
"Great recipe but I can't leave it alone - got to add to it. Changed the tortillas to corn, added a small can of green chiles, and a small bell pepper, diced. I also make two 8x8 pans, one to eat and one to freeze. Overall a great recipe!!!"
""I used a dozen of fresh green chilis hot and layered them in. I also used 1 cup of Spanish rice and layered it in but do not top with rice or else it will get to hard. You can use corn tortillas instead of the flour. Make sure to brown the flour tortillas to help them from getting too soggy."Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/enchilada-hash-brown-casserole#ixzz3Puy0plEn"
"I make this all the time so good!!! I as well play around with using different cheese and I add black beans as well :-)..... Top with sour cream green onions and hot sauce"