I get great reviews every time I serve this even from my father who usually doesn't like Mexican food. My husband and I have two children and I enjoy cooking, cross-stitching and painting.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and
- salsa; set aside.
- Place two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a
- greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with one-third of the meat
- mixture; top with 1 cup corn; sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese.
- Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 418 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 918 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.