- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) corn tortillas (6 inches), torn into pieces
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, olives and salt. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and egg. Set aside. Spread one-third of the meat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with half of the tortillas; spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with the meat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casserole(4)
Sort By :
My only complaint was it should be doubled, if not it makes a thin casserole in a 9x13 pan. Still tasty just not as pretty
This was pretty easy. I added some extra seasoning and there were no leftovers.
I did not think someone from Oregon would know good Mexican food. But this recipe sounded interesting. sure enough tried it and I can tell you, it was wonderful..Even impressed us in West Texas and we know our mex food.
This was very delicious and easy to make. although I recommend serving it with sour cream also. I doubled the recipe and it made a large lasagna pan full. very tasty