Enchilada Casser-Ole! Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casser-Ole!
Sort By :
"Bottom layer hard to cut thru. Overall good flavor."
"This had good flavor, but using flour tortillas made the layers too thick and hard to cut and eat. If I make it again, I will use corn tortillas."
"This recipe tasted great! It was also really easy to make. I did use 2 cups of the cheese instead of 1 because it just didn't seem like enough, even though that added a lot more calories. Next time I might try saving the sour cream out and putting it on top."
"Love this casserole. I add a layer of refried beans and jalapenos. Very good!!"
"This was delicious and so quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. This is a keeper!"