- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casser-Ole!
"I made this for a neighborhood get-together, and it was a big hit. I will definitely make it again! I had 8 tortillas, so I made a third layer. I also had ground Elk, and used it instead of beef. It has very little fat. I used 2 cups of cheese. Thanks for sharing."
"Wow! Quick and easy, and so good! I thought the Italian dressing was an odd addition, but I think it adds to the flavor. I did, however, leave out the black beans (picky kids.)"
"Left out the Italian dressing. Used corn tortillas. Did not use enough. I only made one layer of torn tortillas. Next time I would use more. Since I suspected there weren't enough I sprayed tortillas and baked them the last 5 minutes of the casserole so we had chips. I added refried beans along with the black beans and stirred in Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also used ground turkey instead of beef. We loved it."
"Since it's the first time I made this, I followed directions exactly as written, made no modifications. It was good, but the Italian dressing clashed with the rest of the flavors and I didn't care for that bit. Will make again and omit dressing."
"Great casserole! Everybody loves it. We typically make this dish for families with new babies or people who have had surgeries, etc. And we always get asked for the recipe. It's delicious!"