- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casser-Ole!
Sort By :
"I completely forgot to put the Italian dressing in, however, it was great. Easy to make and we will definitely have it again."
"Enjoyed this very much. I left out the Italian dressing (I just forgot it, I think), and used small corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. I thought it came out a bit dry, so I might add more salsa or some enchilada sauce next time. The whole family scarfed it down!"
"Halved all ingredients and omitted Italian dressing. My husband and I loved it, one serving left that we will have to fight over."
"We liked this, and I did leave out the Italian dressing becsuse I could not think of a reason for putting those flavors in a Tex Mex dish. Also used refreid beans and pepper jack cheese instead of the mexican blend."