- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casser-Ole!
"I used corn tortillas instead of flour. Omitted the Italian dressing. I also added a can of refried beans and stirred the sour cream in meat/bean mixture."
"I made this for a neighborhood get-together, and it was a big hit. I will definitely make it again! I had 8 tortillas, so I made a third layer. I also had ground Elk, and used it instead of beef. It has very little fat. I used 2 cups of cheese. Thanks for sharing."
"Wow! Quick and easy, and so good! I thought the Italian dressing was an odd addition, but I think it adds to the flavor. I did, however, leave out the black beans (picky kids.)"
"Left out the Italian dressing. Used corn tortillas. Did not use enough. I only made one layer of torn tortillas. Next time I would use more. Since I suspected there weren't enough I sprayed tortillas and baked them the last 5 minutes of the casserole so we had chips. I added refried beans along with the black beans and stirred in Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also used ground turkey instead of beef. We loved it."
"Since it's the first time I made this, I followed directions exactly as written, made no modifications. It was good, but the Italian dressing clashed with the rest of the flavors and I didn't care for that bit. Will make again and omit dressing."