Enchilada Beef Recipe
This family favorite is really easy to make. Its simple preparation, zippy flavor and melted cheese make it irresistible! —Loraine E. Meyer, Bend, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- Additional corn chips, optional
- 1. Place onion in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Crumble beef over onion and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring once; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomato juice, tomato paste, green chilies and sauce mix. Spread half of beef mixture in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture. Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Sprinkle with crushed corn chips and remaining cheese. Microwave 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional corn chips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without additional corn chips) equals 483 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,245 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC