- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons enchilada sauce mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- Additional corn chips, optional
- Place onion in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Crumble beef over onion and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring once; drain.
- Stir in the tomato juice, tomato paste, green chilies and sauce mix. Spread half of beef mixture in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture. Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with crushed corn chips and remaining cheese. Microwave 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional corn chips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Beef(5)
Sort By :
I have made this dish twice. Very tasty! However, I didn't make it in the microwave. I browned the onion and hamburger on the stove, then put it in a baking dish and baked it for 15 min in the oven. I also put some corn chips on the bottom and in the middle layer. Great leftovers for me to take to work.
This dish did not have a bad taste, however I thought it was more like home made hamburger helper.
We thought these dish was very good.
We love Mexican, though.
The chips really added to the taste.
I made this and wasn't sure if my family would like it. They scarfed it down immediately. Big hit.
Very easy, my family loved it. I served it with a salad and Spanish rice.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >