Empire State Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups shredded tart apples
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples and sugar. Gently fold in cranberries, carrots and nuts. Combine dry ingredients; add to bowl. Mix well to moisten dry ingredients. Combine eggs and oil; stir into apple mixture.
- 2. Fill 18 greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins. Yield: 18 muffins.
1 each: 239 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Empire State Muffins
"These muffins are full of flavor and incredibly moist. This is one of my favorite muffin recipes!"
"I also took these into work and never had any left."
"Took these to work and had three people ask for the recipe. VERY good.Janet in Michigan"