Empire State Muffins Recipe
These muffins are loaded with fruit and nuts. They're perfect to serve when the autumn apple harvest is abundant. —Beverly Collins, North Syracuse, New York
- 2 cups shredded tart apples
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples and sugar. Gently fold in cranberries, carrots and nuts. Combine dry ingredients; add to bowl. Mix well to moisten dry ingredients. Combine eggs and oil; stir into apple mixture.
- 2. Fill 18 greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins. Yield: 18 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC