These muffins are loaded with fruit and nuts. They're perfect to serve when the autumn apple harvest is abundant. —Beverly Collins, North Syracuse, New York
- 2 cups shredded tart apples
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine apples and sugar. Gently fold in cranberries, carrots and nuts. Combine dry ingredients; add to bowl. Mix well to moisten dry ingredients. Combine eggs and oil; stir into apple mixture.
- Fill 18 greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tins. Yield: 18 muffins.
Originally published as Empire State Muffins in Country October/November 1992, p51
Reviews for Empire State Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2014
"These muffins are full of flavor and incredibly moist. This is one of my favorite muffin recipes!"
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2010
"I also took these into work and never had any left."
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2008
"Took these to work and had three people ask for the recipe. VERY good.Janet in Michigan"