Empanadas - Beef Turnovers
Some turnover recipes call for all manner of fillings, but this GOYA® Empanada recipe features a delicious tomato, onion, garlic and beef mixture.
20 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Total Time: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 6 GOYA® Spanish Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Sofrito
- 1 packet Sazón GOYA® with Coriander and Annatto
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA® Dried Oregano
- GOYA® Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 package (14 oz.) GOYA® Discos (Yellow or White), thawed
- GOYA® Corn Oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and
- cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, about 10
- minutes. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir
- in tomato sauce, olives, Sofrito, Sazón, garlic, oregano and black
- pepper. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens,
- about 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll out