Empanadas - Beef Turnovers Recipe
Some turnover recipes call for all manner of fillings, but this GOYA® Empanada recipe features a delicious tomato, onion, garlic and beef mixture.
- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 6 GOYA® Spanish Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Sofrito
- 1 packet Sazón GOYA® with Coriander and Annatto
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA® Dried Oregano
- GOYA® Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 package (14 oz.) GOYA® Discos (Yellow or White), thawed
- GOYA® Corn Oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, Sofrito, Sazón, garlic, oregano and black pepper. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll out discos until 1/2-in. larger in diameter. Spoon about 1 tbsp. meat mixture into middle, fold in half to form a half moon; moisten edges with water and pinch to seal closed, or seal with a fork.
- Fill a deep saucepan with oil to a depth of 2-1/2-in. Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking (350°F on deep-fry thermometer). Cook Empanadas in batches until crisp and golden brown, flipping once, 4 – 6 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Yield: 20 Empanadas.
Originally published as Empanadas - Beef Turnovers Provided by GOYA®
Reviews for Empanadas - Beef Turnovers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review