- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients; set aside. Place spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Just before serving, whisk dressing again and drizzle over spinach; toss gently. Garnish with bacon and egg slices. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Emily's Spinach Salad
"Flavor was not good. Curry was strong as was the taste of oil."
"best spinach salad EVER"
"Recipes are just a guide and you make them to your own taste. Excellent as it stands. Tried it as is but then cut the oil. Thank you Emily. This is a winner. Top the salad with thin slices of grilled smoked duck breast and you have a main course to die for"
"Simple and good!"
"We liked this recipe but the dressing has way too much canola oil for our tastes. I couldn't even taste the red wine vinegar and it has a strong flavor. This salad is very healthy and will try it again with less oil!"