Emily's Spinach Salad Recipe
I've always loved eating spinach—it's grown here in our area. When I saw an announcement of a spinach cooking contest, I made up this recipe to enter. I was delighted when my colorful, tangy salad took the grand prize! —Emily Fields, Santana, California
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients; set aside. Place spinach in a large salad bowl.
- 2. Just before serving, whisk dressing again and drizzle over spinach; toss gently. Garnish with bacon and egg slices. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC