Emily's Spinach Salad
I've always loved eating spinachit's grown here in our area. When I saw an announcement of a spinach cooking contest, I made up this recipe to enter. I was delighted when my colorful, tangy salad took the grand prize!
Emily Fields, Santana, California
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients; set aside. Place
- spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Just before serving, whisk dressing again and drizzle over spinach;
- toss gently. Garnish with bacon and egg slices. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.