Half-and-half cream and cheddar cheese give this rice dish its down-home flavor.Sue Call, Beech Grove, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake 25-35
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free milk instead of cream) equals 151 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.