- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dill weed, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 round unsliced loaf (1 pound) sourdough or rye bread
- Assorted vegetables and crackers
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, corned beef, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon dill and seasoned salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Trace the large shamrock pattern onto a piece of waxed paper; cut out. Place on loaf. Carefully cut out and removed shamrock; set aside. Hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread and cutout shamrock into cubes. Fill shell with dip; sprinkle with remaining dill. Serve with bread cubes, vegetables and crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Emerald Isle Dip
Sort By :
"I made this dip for St Patty's Day this year and the family enjoyed it! I would use less of the spices because it seemed to "grainy" with every bite and I would add more meat!"
"Best dip ever"
"It was a HUGE hit at our family St. Patty's Day party. Everyone loved the bread but it was also great with veggies. It is very easy to make and works well with Hawaiian Sweet bread as well."