Emerald Fruit Salad Recipe
Beth Scholke of Barrington, Illinois coast and appealing assortment of green fruits with a tangy citrus dressing to create this refreshing salad. "It's great for picnics and family gathering, because it's simple yet crowd-pleasing," she reports.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 3 medium tart green apples, cubed
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, orange juice and peel. Spoon over fruit; serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC