Elvis's Banana Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1. Prepare and bake bread according to package directions, using a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Cut cooled bread into 12 slices. Toast slices until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and honey until smooth; spread 1 tablespoon over each of six toast slices. Layer with bananas. Spread remaining peanut butter mixture over remaining toast slices; place over top. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 685 calories, 32 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Elvis's Banana Sandwiches
"These ate delicious!! . I've been making banana sandwiches for years and never thought about using banana bread for the bread slices. I always used whole wheat bread. It was great with the banana bread."
"It is missing bacon. I had an Elvis special at a pub that Elvis visited in Wiesbaden Germany that made then for him made with Bauernbrot,bananas, peanut butter and bacon."