Elvis's Banana Sandwiches
A fruity peanut butter filling sandwiched between slices of banana bread makes for an appealing lunch that will have young and old alike saying, "Thank you, thank you very much!"Carla Cook, Falcon, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Prepare and bake bread according to package directions, using a
- greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Cut cooled bread into 12 slices. Toast slices until golden brown. In
- a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and honey until
- smooth; spread 1 tablespoon over each of six toast slices. Layer
- with bananas. Spread remaining peanut butter mixture over remaining
- toast slices; place over top. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 685 calories, 32 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.