- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Prepare and bake bread according to package directions, using a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Cut cooled bread into 12 slices. Toast slices until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and honey until smooth; spread 1 tablespoon over each of six toast slices. Layer with bananas. Spread remaining peanut butter mixture over remaining toast slices; place over top. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Elfin Banana Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p101
Reviews for Elvis's Banana Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2012
It is missing bacon. I had an Elvis special at a pub that Elvis visited in Wiesbaden Germany that made then for him made with Bauernbrot,bananas, peanut butter and bacon.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >