A fruity peanut butter filling sandwiched between slices of banana bread makes for an appealing lunch that will have young and old alike saying, "Thank you, thank you very much!"—Carla Cook, Falcon, Colorado
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Prepare and bake bread according to package directions, using a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Cut cooled bread into 12 slices. Toast slices until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and honey until smooth; spread 1 tablespoon over each of six toast slices. Layer with bananas. Spread remaining peanut butter mixture over remaining toast slices; place over top. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Elfin Banana Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p101
Reviews for Elvis's Banana Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review