- 1-1/2 pound boneless elk steak
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut meat into six pieces; pound with a meat mallet to tenderize. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Combine bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese in a bowl. In another bowl, beat eggs with water. Dip both sides of meat into flour, then into egg mixture. Press each side of meat into crumb mixture; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; brown meat on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce over each piece. Cover with mozzarella; top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles; garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Elk Parmesan in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p33
Reviews for Elk Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2012
"My goodness this is DELICIOUS!!! I made it as written and was wonderful! It would work well with beef, too, but made it with elk tonight!!!"