- 1-1/2 pound boneless elk steak
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cut meat into six pieces; pound with a meat mallet to tenderize. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Combine bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese in a bowl. In another bowl, beat eggs with water. Dip both sides of meat into flour, then into egg mixture. Press each side of meat into crumb mixture; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; brown meat on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce over each piece. Cover with mozzarella; top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles; garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Elk Parmesan in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p33
Reviews for Elk Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review