Elizabeth's Pumpkin Pie Recipe
In my ice cream-loving husband's opinion, traditional pumpkin pie can't compare with this melt-in-your-mouth version.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Spread ice cream into pastry shell. Cover and freeze until firm. In a bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Pour evenly over ice cream; cover and freeze until firm.
- 2. For syrup, combine brown sugar, water and corn syrup in saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Cool; stir in extracts. Drizzle over pie. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 519 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Elizabeth's Pumpkin Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC