A sweet frosting glaze, colorful candies and well-placed almond slices turn these sugar cookie diamonds into a big batch of Santa’s helpers. TIP: Bake a batch of the adorable elves as a classroom treat or use a few to brighten each of your cookie trays.
28 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, divided
- 6 drops red food coloring, divided
- 168 assorted M&M's minis (about 1/4 cup)
- 56 almond slices (about 4 teaspoons)
- 56 brown M&M's minis (about 1 tablespoon)
- 28 red M&M's minis (about 2 teaspoons)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and
- flour until combined. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to
- 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-3/4-in. x 3-1/4-in. diamond
- cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to
- For one batch of glaze, in a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup
- confectioners' sugar, 4-1/2 teaspoons milk and 1/4 teaspoon extract.
- Remove 1 tablespoon glaze to another bowl. Tint remaining glaze with
- 3 drops food coloring.
- Working with one cookie at a time, spread red glaze over top half of
- cookie. Place one M&M at top for tassel and five M&M's across edge