- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate and 2/3 cup cream; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 cup of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Elegant White Chocolate Mousse in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p20
Reviews for Elegant White Chocolate Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2008
"I made this yesterday for Easter and it was a big hit!The market was out of white chocolate squares and I substituted an 11 oz bag of white chocolate baking chips instead and that worked fine"