Elegant White Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine chocolate and 2/3 cup cream. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold about 1/4 cup into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 230 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Elegant White Chocolate Mousse
"I made this yesterday for Easter and it was a big hit!The market was out of white chocolate squares and I substituted an 11 oz bag of white chocolate baking chips instead and that worked fine"