Simply elegant is a fitting description for this smooth treat from field editor Laruinda Johnston, Belchertown, Massachusetts. Whipped cream teams up with white chocolate to make her easy recipe extra-special.
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine chocolate and 2/3 cup cream. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold about 1/4 cup into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Elegant White Chocolate Mousse in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p20
Reviews for Elegant White Chocolate Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2008
"I made this yesterday for Easter and it was a big hit!The market was out of white chocolate squares and I substituted an 11 oz bag of white chocolate baking chips instead and that worked fine"