Elegant Weeknight Chicken
“While this tasty chicken bakes, I make a salad with arugula, basil, red onion and plum tomatoes with a lemon vinaigrette.” Iliana Davila - Bear, Delaware
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place the asparagus in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a dash pepper. In a small bowl, combine
- wine and butter; pour over asparagus.
- Arrange chicken over asparagus; sprinkle with remaining salt and
- pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with
- cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear
- and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 300 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.