Elegant Weeknight Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place the asparagus in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a dash pepper. In a small bowl, combine wine and butter; pour over asparagus.
- 2. Arrange chicken over asparagus; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Elegant Weeknight Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.