Elegant Weeknight Chicken for Two
“While this tasty chicken bakes, I make a salad with arugula, basil, red onion and plum tomatoes with a lemon vinaigrette.” Iliana Davila - Bear, Delaware
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place the asparagus in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a
- small bowl, combine wine and butter; pour over asparagus.
- Arrange chicken over asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, bake
- 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 300 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.