Elegant Weeknight Chicken for Two Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place the asparagus in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine wine and butter; pour over asparagus.
- 2. Arrange chicken over asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 300 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Elegant Weeknight Chicken for Two
"THe chicken turns out really moist but the asparagus get too mushy for me. I made it again without And steamed vegetables on the side.I like to keep covered for most of the cooking time so the chicken doesn't dry out. Yum!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.