- Place squash in another large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain. Mash with salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt. Stir in the spinach,
- cheese, bread crumbs and onion.
- Place half of parsnip potatoes at one end of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray. Add squash to dish, forming a
- stripe. Repeat with spinach. Place remaining parsnip potatoes at
- opposite end of dish. (Dish will be full.)
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer inserted in the spinach reads 160°. Yield: 14
- servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 183 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.