- 4 cups cubed ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 10 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon or lox, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Creme fraiche or sour cream and minced chives
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with butter and oil; transfer to a greased 13-in.x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses, onions and salmon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with creme fraiche and chives. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Elegant Smoked Salmon Strata in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Elegant Smoked Salmon Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
didn't think it was worth the time it look to make. just okay in my opinion