Elegant Seafood Bisque Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen uncooked lobster chunks, thawed
- Additional chopped basil
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons oil until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, juice, wine, basil, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add cream; heat through (do not boil).
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook shrimp and lobster in remaining oil until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add to soup. Garnish servings with additional basil. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 254 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.