Elegant Roasted Potatoes
This is an excellent way to provide an easy, nutrition-packed side dish with any meal. It's a personal favorite since I grew Swiss chard in my garden.Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Add Swiss
- chard. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender,
- stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.