Elegant Raspberry Dessert
If the eye-catching appearance of this dessert doesn't impress guests, the wonderful flavor will! The homemade pastry cream is rich and smooth.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- PASTRY CREAM:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries or other berries
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, warmed
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in
- milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until
- thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into yolk; return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla. Pour into a
- small bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate, without
- stirring, until chilled.