Elegant Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (24.3 ounces) Philadelphia ready-to-serve cheesecake filling
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- 1. Unroll each sheet of pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, beat the pie filling, milk and eggs until smooth; pour into crusts. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the cheesecake filling, whipped topping and salt. Spread over pies; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
1 piece: 365 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Elegant Pumpkin Pie
"i agree; less topping and more pumpkin; it was a little too rich and the two textures contrasted a little much. Still, very good and I liked the glazed pecan topping."
"I made this as a preview for Thanksgiving Day. Am I glad I did. it was expensive, and 4 out of 4 adults rated this as tasteless. Mrs. Smith's pies are my go to pie, not this. very dissapointed."
"I want to make this pie but have not been able to find the Philadelphia ready to serve Cheesecake filling. I assume it is in the refrigerated section. DId anyone else have trouble finding this product?"
"I made two pies but found there to be too much cheesecake topping & not enough pumpkin filling. But did not stop me from having two slices. I would suggest more filling & less topping."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a HUGE hit. There were 24 people in my house and I loved that it made 2 pies. There were several other pies and a cheese cake for dessert but this pie was the first to go. The entire family says this recipe is definetly a keeper!"
"I tried this recipe.. It is interesting & delicious..."