Elegant Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (24.3 ounces) Philadelphia ready-to-serve cheesecake filling
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- Unroll each sheet of pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, beat the pie filling, milk and eggs until smooth; pour into crusts. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheesecake filling, whipped topping and salt. Spread over pies; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Reviews for Elegant Pumpkin Pie
Sort By :
I made this as a preview for Thanksgiving Day. Am I glad I did. it was expensive, and 4 out of 4 adults rated this as tasteless. Mrs. Smith's pies are my go to pie, not this. very dissapointed.
I want to make this pie but have not been able to find the Philadelphia ready to serve Cheesecake filling. I assume it is in the refrigerated section. DId anyone else have trouble finding this product?
I made two pies but found there to be too much cheesecake topping & not enough pumpkin filling. But did not stop me from having two slices. I would suggest more filling & less topping.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a HUGE hit. There were 24 people in my house and I loved that it made 2 pies. There were several other pies and a cheese cake for dessert but this pie was the first to go. The entire family says this recipe is definetly a keeper!
I tried this recipe.. It is interesting & delicious...