My husband learned this recipe while at cooking school. This tenderloin is a great dish for company because it's so elegant, yet folks don't realize how easy it is to prepare.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until it just begins to brown; drain and set aside. Cut pork into 1-1/2-in slices; flatten slightly. Sprinkle with paprika, pepper and salt if desired.
- Place pork in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Pour cream over the top; bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until the cream is slightly thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pork Tenderloin in Country Pork 1996, p79
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Elegant Pork Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review