Elegant Pork Marsala Recipe
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 turkey bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Marsala wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and pepper. Dip pork chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, add mushrooms, onion and bacon to drippings; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce: 232 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Elegant Pork Marsala
"Easily one of my favorite recipes! Even good as left-overs!"
"Always use DRY Marsala....even in desserts!"
"My husband made this for one of our Saturday night dinners. I loved it, and so did he. We made one small change...we used pork tenderloin because that's what we had. Thanks for posting, Kim."
"Bacon makes this dish. Also I used bone in pork chops for added flavor !"
"Loved the turkey bacon in it - wonderful smell, wonderful taste, have put it in my recipe box. I used chicken broth instead of wine. I used extra olive oil when I was preparing the mushrooms, onions and bacon. Every once in awhile I sniff the wonderful smell that it left in my kitchen. Will definitely make it again."
"My boyfreind and I loved!!! this recipe. I bought 8 thin sliced chops. I'm all for healthy, but used regular flour instead. I did though spend the money on the turkey bacon and crisped that up in the microwave first. perfect! I bought the marsala wine at my local grocery store which was a dry & sweet combo. Definitely saving it to my recipe box*****"
"Recipe does not state which wine....................dry or sweet? This makes me burning mad. I go get all ingredients and then find out at the liquor store there are both kinds! C'mon Taste of Home you should know better!"
"Okay but not special and I did not care for the after taste."
"We just did not think the taste was that great."
"This recipe was delicious. We usually have center cut chops but I purchased the boneless for this recipe and my family loved it. I did not have the wine so I used the extra chicken broth as suggested. It work well. we will certainly have this again."
"This is a keeper. I only had a package of 4 pork chops, and it still worked. I had planned on leftovers, but my SO didn't leave any!"
"Best pork marsala ever? I'd say "absolutely!" My dad and I love this dish and make it often, mixing up the types of mushrooms just for fun!"