Elegant Pork Chops
"My recipe for Elegant Pork Chops is so easy," she assures. "It has wonderful old-fashioned flavor without the fuss or mess. Plus, the chops stay very moist."
2 ServingsPrep/TotalTime: 30 min.
- 2 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium
- heat; set aside. In an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish, combine
- the soup, milk, rice and seasonings. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes
- longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 525 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,147 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer