- 2 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium heat; set aside. In an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the soup, milk, rice and seasonings. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Elegant Pork Chops
"Just okay, pork chops not completely cooked. Rather bland."
"Delicious and very easy to make. I sometimes sprinkle on a little shredded cheese the last few minutes ."
"Delicious and super easy dish to make. I had left over Rice a Roni and used it instead of instant rice. I also used half & half and bone in pork chops. The meat was very moist, tender and very flavorful.Field Editor"
"Great recipe that I will make again. I used greenbeans to cut down on the calories and carbs. The greenbeans were frozen and I cooked them in water about 10 min. Next time I will try them frozen."
"I add a can of musrooms (undrained) and "herbes d providence" seasoning to the rice. I also use regular rice instead of instant. Whole family loves it."