Elegant Mushroom Soup Recipe
This easy recipe turns commonplace ingredients into a wonderfully tasty soup. My family is delighted whenever they see it simmering on the stove.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:2-3 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- Sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley; and nutmeg if desired.
- 2. Top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 180 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC